Great Burgers, Best-Value In Lawrence ... HOOAH!
This will be easy ...
1. Excellent hamburger, one of the best I have had in recent memory and a tremendous value
2. Daily Specials Monday through Thursday - 2 for 1 burgers (Monday - dine-in only), hot dogs (Tuesday), Philly cheesesteaks (Wednesday), and Gyros (Thursday) give people a reason to visit mid-week
3. Burgers come to the table in their own individual smokers and are placed hot and juicy on the bun by your server. Nice touch
4. Good variety of fast food options (starters, burgers, dogs, sandwiches, desserts) provide a choice to consumers
5. Extremely friendly, efficient, and professional service made our short stay enjoyable and pleasant
We were in a hurry due to a logistical SNAFU and only had 30 minutes to dine before we had to leave for an appointment 1/2 mile away down Mass Street. We were warmly greeted when we entered, quickly seated, and order taken.
Our onion rings ($5) arrived posthaste on a bed of fresh romaine lettuce with accompanying dipping sauce (blue cheese dressing). There were seven perfectly cooked rings, crispy, not greasy, on the large plate. They were the best onion rings I have had in quite a while, but could have used a little more seasoning.
My wife and I both had the bacon cheeseburger, my wife's without tomato ($9) and mine with avocado ($10 - fries included). The burgers were large and obviously handmade, thick and juicy, and cooked to perfection (medium-well). Unlike other burger joints in town, French fries accompany the sandwiches so you do not have to spend an additional $3-$6 and they are very good. The fries were fresh cut, hot on arrival, well seasoned, and plentiful. They were perfectly crisp on the outside, soft. moist and hot on the inside. Well done!
The decor is modern and basic with the red walls covered in customer graffiti, you know ... tacky. Our server handled our rapid departure requirement flawlessly, getting us our meals and the check in rapid succession interspersed with occasional friendly chit-chat. With our bill coming to just $16 including tax, this 2 for 1 meal was an exceptional value, but even at $25 for the full-price option, an excellent meal at a very reasonable price ... HOOAH!
CombatCritic Gives KC Smokehouse Burgers A Near Perfect 9 Bombs Out Of 10 ... More Bombs Are Better!